You can cook these bagels with your kids. Kids like to twist bagels and put them on a baking sheet. They are interesting to watch as the bagels grow and become rosy in the oven.
I add 1 cup of whole wheat flour in the recipe to make bagels more useful. But you can use 2 cups all-purpose flour, without whole wheat flour. For the filling you can use not only nuts, but marmalade, jam, slices of sweet apples, chocolate chips.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup peeled nuts
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. Prepare a baking sheet lined a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- 2Fry nuts in a frying pan and chop finely with a knife or using a food processor.
- 3Mix the sour cream and sugar in a large bowl. Sift all the flour and baking powder through a sieve. Add the flour in a bowl with the sour cream and knead the dough. The dough should be soft and not stick to hands. Cover the bowl with the dough and leave for 15 minutes.
- 4Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a circle. Cut the circle into 8 triangular segments. Put 1 teaspoon of nuts on a wide part of the triangular segment and twist the bagel. Use all the dough for bagels.
- 5Transfer the bagels on a baking sheet. Bake the bagels for 20 to 25 minutes until gold.