Use fillet of beef for this recipe. Choose the best fresh meat without bones and veins. It is important because the meat must be soft and tender in a short cooking time.
The French fries - a classic garnish for Beef Stroganoff. But pasta and mashed potatoes are also very good. I often served beef stroganoff with a salad of tomato and cucumbers. This helps reduce the calorie and makes the taste fresher.
- 350 g beef
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 middle onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1Cut the beef against the grain into very thinly strips.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion until soft. Then add the mushrooms and fry for 3-5 minutes. Remove the onion and mushrooms from the frying pan and place them on a plate.
- 3Pour into the frying pan 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat it. Fry the meat on high heat very fast, for 2-3 minutes. Stir the meat during frying.
- 4Add the onion and mushrooms to the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Add sour cream and mix. Cover the pan and simmer 10-15 minutes.Beef should be soft.
- 5Serve hot beef stroganoff with potatoes or pasta.