This is a very simple recipe. I often cook it in the summer because it is tasty and cold. Beet always cooks for a long time. But if you cut it into small cubes, they will cook faster. Add the vinegar in a pan with beet for saving color. Otherwise, a beet loses their color and becomes pale pink. Also you can add the meat ingredients in this soup - sausages, meat, chicken. Of course, they should be cooked and finely chopped.
- 2 medium beets
- 4 cucumbers
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch of parsley or dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- mustard to taste
- 1Peel the beets and cut them into small cubes. Put the cubes in a big pan, pour 1.5 liters of drinking water and 1 tablespoon vinegar, and place the pan on a stove. Cook the beets on medium heat for 40-50 minutes until soft, and then cool. You can put the pan in the fridge until beet broth will be cold.
- 2Cook the hard boiled eggs. Cut the eggs and cucumbers into small cubes. Transfer to a large bowl, add the chopped parsley or dill and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour beet broth with beet cubes into a bowl with the cucumbers and eggs.
- 4Cold beet soup is ready. Serve with sour cream and mustard.