For this recipe you can use any white fish (pollock, cod, hake). If you have a large fish fillet, cut it into 2-3 large pieces, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice. Steam the pieces of fillet for 10-15 minutes. You can also cook them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. It’s the most simple and easy way . Before cooking, try to remove all the bones with tweezers. If you have few small fish fillets, cook the stuffing and form burgers.
Don’t use sweet buns for burgers. Choose the grain buns, because it is more healthy. You can serve the fish burgers with slices of cucumber and tomato, lettuce, cheese. Cook the tartare sauce, or use tomato ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, cheese sauce.
- 400g white fish fillet
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg (yolk only)
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices of cheese
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3-4 pickled cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 burgers buns
- 3 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1Cut fillets into pieces, removing the bones, and transfer to a bowl of food processor. Add the onions. Chop the fish and onions until smooth. Add the egg yolk and season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- 2Shape the burgers and roll them in the breadcrumbs. Add oil to skillet over medium heat. Cook fish burgers until golden each side (3-5 minutes per side).
- 3Mix the sour cream and mayonnaise for sauce. Add garlic and pickled cucumbers, mix very well.
- 4Serve fish burgers in buns and garnish with sauce, lettuce and cheese.