When our family celebrate child's birthday, we invite a lot of children. Usually I cook many different dishes for them. All kids love pizza. So I cook the pizza rolls. Children can eat it using hands, without plates and forks. They also don’t have the chance to dirty their clothes. This is great when you have so many children and you find it difficult to control them. )))
This recipe is suitable not only for the party. You can take the pizza rolls for a picnic or for lunch. It is very nourishing and tasty dish. For this recipe you can use puff pastry or homemade pizza dough. You can put the different ingredients - mushrooms, sausages, pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, mozzarella. Don’t put so many cheese, during baking it can melt and run out on a baking sheet.
- 500 g puff pastry
- 70 g ham
- 1 small sweet pepper
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1-2 sprigs of basil
- ½ cup of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. Prepare two baking sheets lined the silicon mats or parchment papers.
- 2Sprinkle flour on the table, put the puff pastry and roll it into a rectangular shape. Spread the sauce on the pastry using a cooking brush.
- 3Slice the ham and pepper very thin. Tear off the basil leaves and chop them.
- 4Lay the ham and pepper on the pastry in one layer. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with olive oil. Evenly spread out the basil and cheese.
- 5Twist the pastry sheet into a tight roll. Thoroughly seal the edges of sheet throughout the length of the roll. Otherwise, pizza rolls will unfold during baking. Cut the roll into pieces 2-3 cm (1 inch) in height with a sharp knife.
- 6Transfer the pizza rolls on the baking sheets at a distance from each other. Put them in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.