This recipe helps me when I need to bake something quickly. Simple ingredients are needed but this galette is really delicious. Not only plums can be used for the filling but also bananas, apples, soft pears, peaches or any other fruit and berries. You can put chopped nuts or raisins to the filling as well. If desired you can add some whole-wheat flour in the dough.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1Sift the flour in the bowl, add salt and baking powder and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Pour oil and hot water into the flour. Firstly stir the mixture with a spoon then knead the dough with hands until it is soft and fully combined. Cover the dough with a napkin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- 2Quarter the plums and remove pits.
- 3Put the dough on the baking paper and roll it out thinly. Put the plums onto the dough sheet leaving 2-3 cm (1 inch) from its edges unfilled. Sprinkle the plums with some sugar. Bend the sheet edges leaving the filling in the center uncovered.
- 4Transfer the baking paper with the galette on a baking tray. Bake in the preheated until 180 C (350 F) oven for 30-40 minutes until gold.
- 5Serve the galette warm.