Hummus is a very tasty food. You can eat hummus for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you don’t want to spend a lot of time to soak and boil chickpeas, use canned chickpeas. Serve pumpkin hummus with warm pita bread, toast, crackers, sliced apples and carrots.
- 2/3 cup dried chickpeas
- 200 g pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Place the chickpeas in a large bowl, cover with 2-3 inches (5-7 cm) of cold water and let them soak overnight. The chickpeas will expand.
- 2Drain the water and rinse the chickpeas. Place them in a large saucepan and cover of clean water. Bring water to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover the saucepan and simmer until the chickpeas are soft (40-60 min).
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. Peel pumpkin, cut it into small pieces and mix in a large bowl with two tablespoons of oil. Put pumpkin on a baking sheet and bake until soft (10-15 minutes).
- 4Make a puree of boiled chickpeas in a food processor, adding a little water. Then add in a food processor pumpkin, spices, lemon juice and salt. Add the oil and water if necessary until you get a creamy consistency of hummus.
- 5Transfer the hummus in a bowl and pour the olive oil.