This is a very good idea – to roast the pieces of vegetables in the oven. I do it as often, as I don’t want to spend a lot of time for cooking. Serve this salad warm, because the cooled vegetables are not so tasty. By the way, you can add to this salad any other vegetables - tomatoes, peppers, radishes ... maybe even feta cheese, as the opposite of sweet potato. Salad will be only tastier. It can also be a great garnish for meat or fish.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 small broccoli
- 100 g salad mix
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Peel sweet potatoes and cut it into cubes. Use a small sharp knife to cut off the florets of cauliflower and broccoli.
- 2Put the vegetables in a ceramic baking dish, season with salt and pepper, pour 2-3 tablespoons olive oil and mix. Put the dish with vegetables in a preheated 180C / 350F oven. Roast vegetables until tender, about 20-25 minutes (you can pierce the cubes of sweet potato or cauliflower with a sharp knife). Don’t leave the vegetables in the oven for a long time, because the gentle florets of broccoli can burn.
- 3For the dressing, whisk in a small bowl 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and honey. You must get a smooth mixture.
- 4Transfer the roasted vegetables into a large bowl, add the salad mix and dressing. Serve immediately.