In September and October we have the season of watermelons. They are very cheap and I buy them very often. The seasonal watermelons are very sweet and delicious. Kids and adults love them. I cook different salads with watermelon. These salads are very juicy and fresh. Don’t store the salad with watermelon because it can become wet with watermelon juice.
- 300 g watermelon
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 shallot
- 2-3 sprigs of mint
- 50 g ricotta
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1For the beginning prepare a mint dressing. Leaves of mint squash in the pounder, add lemon juice and olive oil. Leave for 10-15 minutes for brewing.
- 2Cut the watermelon into 4 parts. With help of teaspoon cut little round pieces from watermelon, or you can just cut with knife a flesh of watermelon on the pieces.
- 3Cut the cucumbers and onion into half rings.
- 4Put cucumbers, onion and pieces of watermelon on the big plate. Season with salt and pepper. Add the ricotta and pour mint dressing.
- 5Serve immediately.